Control unit for pump stations with a maximal current consumption of 12A per pump at 230V or 400V (1- and 3-phase operation)
- Compact & modular design (battery and input module)
- Digital 3-phase current monitoring
- Thermal protection inputs
- Operating hours counter
- Alarm outputs (pot. free & 230VAC)
- Level measurement inputs compatible with common Zener barriers
- Outstanding price-performance ratio
- Level detection by Diver’s bell / pressure
- Pressure measurement with air-bubble introduction and blower monitoring
- Float switch
- Level probe / analogue input 4-20mA
- Single and duplex pump version
- Up to 72h mains failure alarm with 4xAA rechargeable battery module and BonFlash alarm lamp.
- Durable LED display for working-life far more then 10 years
- All settings can be done comfortable in the menu
- ATEX mode
The PumpGuard is designed as a compact control unit with the features of a “big” pump controller for the price of a small one. Therefore, a lot of handy features, that are normally not available at this price range, have been integrated.
Level measurement possibilities
As standard option, level measurement is performed by diver’s bell / pressure sensing. This is a very efficient and reliable way to detect the preset switching levels. This measurement can be combined with one alarm float switch. A second option is, to use float switches. Two float switches for the single-pump operation can be connected in the standard package, a third float switch can be added using the input module. Another possibility is, to use an analogue pressure probe (4-20mA). The probe can be connected to the additional input module.
Pump monitoring options
The pump current consumption is evaluated digitally on all three phases according to applicable standards. Moreover, the reversible temperature sensor and he irreversible temperature sensor are monitored. As a third security level, the maximal pump runtime can be checked.
Special pump behavior settings
To enhance functionality and comfort, the following functions have been added:
- Startup timeout: Delay after mains recovery
- Overcurrent retry delay: Time in minutes for a retry of the pump after detecting overcurrent
- Overtravel duration: A time in seconds can be set to run a pump after detecting the Off-level
- Forced pumping: Each X days the pumps are started for 3s to destroy possible fat crusts
- Forced operation timeout: To prevent smelling, pump to Off-level each X hours
- Single pump operation: Restrict to max. one pump, even at high level
One way to reach ATEX conformity is, to connect a mini-blower to the diver’s bell measurement. The PumpGuard is capable of a minimal pressure monitoring to reach the required security level for this air-bubble introduction measurement.
The digital inputs for the float switches are compatible with common Zener barriers, which limit the max. energy to ensure ATEX compatibility.
Also, the analogue input can be combined with common Zener barriers.
Mains failure signaling
The PumpGuard can be equipped with a cost-effective rechargeable battery module containing four AA rechargeable batteries. Together with BONNEL’s low energy LED alarm beacon BonFlash, the PumpGuard can signalize mains failures of more then 72h.